Terms and Conditions
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information has the meaning given under your local data protection law. We collect personal information about you in order to facilitate your travel bookings and arrangements, and to provide you with our goods and services.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or residential address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- passport information;
- credit card information;
- loyalty program details (such as Frequent Flyer details);
- information about your health (if disclosed);
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us through your use of our website, in person or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, such as when another person makes a travel booking on your behalf (e.g. a family member or friend). We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising.
What Sensitive Information Do We Collect?
Sensitive information will only be collected by us with your consent, and in compliance with your local data protection laws, to facilitate your travel booking(s). Your sensitive information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected, unless you subsequently consent to us using it for another purpose.
Sensitive information, as defined by law, is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record or the alleged commission of an offence, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a political, professional or trade association, biometric and genetic information, and health information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to make arrangements on your behalf with travel service providers;
- to collect and process payments;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- our related bodies corporate and travel service providers that you have booked with (such as airlines, accommodation providers, tour operators and other travel service providers).
- our employees and agents;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred, or will potentially be transferred to;
- other entities, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
- Cross-border Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to overseas third parties, generally when making a booking with an international travel service provider. However, we cannot ensure that third parties, including overseas third parties, will handle your information in accordance with privacy laws in your country.
Using Our Website and Cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser, but our website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We use Google Analytics, a website analysis service provided by Google, Inc (“Google”), to analyse website statistics. Google Analytics places cookies on your computer’s browser, those cookies generate information about your use of our website and that information is then transmitted to Google. The information is used to analyse the number of visits to our website and its pages, the average time spent on the site and the pages viewed.
You may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, which you may access here.
Storage and Security
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information due to inherent risks associated with the transmission of personal information via the internet.
Accessing or Amending Your Personal Information
We respect your privacy and will provide you with reasonable access to the personal information you have provided to us through your use of our services. If we hold personal information about you that is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you may request us to change that information. Personal information provided by you must not be false or misleading. We assume that the information you provide us is accurate and will be updated when the relevant personal information changes. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time. Please note we may need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
We reserve the right to deny you access for any reason permitted under applicable law. If we deny access or amendment, we will provide you with written reasons for such denial unless it is unreasonable to do so and, where required by local data protection laws, will note your request and the denial of same in our records.
If the user is subscribed to the mailing list, the data we collect is retained until the user opts out of the mailing list. If a user is not subscribed to the mailing list but has provided personal information, data is stored for a limited period of time to fulfil the purposes for which the data was originally collected. The data will be used and retained as necessary to meet our legal obligations.
Email: [email protected]
Contact Number (Australia): 1300 445 564
Contact Number (International): +61 7 3151 3780
Effective: 19 December 2017
Updated: 4 October 2018